Neighbourhood Watch meets regularly at the Community House.
What is Neighbourhood Watch?
Neighbourhood Watch is a community based crime prevention program that represents a partnership approach to community policing. This program, launched in 1983, builds links between police and local communities to develop and put into action community safety initiatives.
Neighbourhood Watch aims to:
- Minimise the incidence of preventable crime.
- Deter criminal activity by increasing the probability of apprehension.
- Reduce the fear of crime.
- Increase the reporting of crime and suspicious behaviour.
- Improve the degree of personal and household security through education programs.
- Expand the programs involvement in wider community safety and crime prevention initiatives, including yearly Neighbourhood Watch conferences.
Our own Nagambie Neighbourhood Watch was very popular at our 2019 Block party where they put green “safety” screws on people’s number plates.